In the twenty-first century, any business not utilizing social media or online marketing can quickly be left in the dust. With the advent of this technology, however, has come a wide range of freelance writers and editors, myself included, who can take the needs of a business, put a fresh spin and perspective on it, and concoct great content, which makes for happy customers who can spend less time online, and more time with the other needs of their business.
- Utilizing a freelance writer can save you time. Connecting with customers, both existing and prospective, is important. Handing the reins of writing and marketing off to someone both comfortable with new technology and the written word can free up your precious time, as a business owner, for more important tasks.
- While some businesses try to write their own content, sometimes the message can be lost if writing is not their forte. Professionalism is a must in any industry, and polished, concise copy can mean the difference between obtaining or losing a prospective client in today's information-at-a-mile-a-minute world.
- The cost savings in utilizing a freelance writer versus hiring a full-time employee is paramount. While a full-time employee needs to be paid regardless of the level or amount of work needed, a freelance writer can be used on and off, either on a per-project basis, or contracted for larger projects.
- A new perspective on your business can help you see the things that maybe you don't in the day-to-day. While your voice is undeniably useful in describing your business, an outside source can see things in a different light, and spin even the oldest copy into something fresh and new.
- Updating the same advertising, documents, or website verbiage can be a daunting task. A freelance writer with a wide variety of experience in different industries and with a variety of clients has a special view on the marketplace, and how to properly engage your customers.